Eastenders is one of those shows that runs and runs and runs. With almost 6 thousand episodes, there has been countless tales and goings on in Albert Square.
There are millions of viewers hooked on the life of the square in the UK alone, but when you begin looking outside the UK, there are the same numbers who are clambering to get their fix.
While the show is easy to watch in the UK, it poses a problem to remain up to date in Australia.
The reason being, the BBC iPlayer, which you can find the show on, is right behind Netflix in finding out users IP addresses and blocking access.
Luckily, there is a simple, reliable solution to get around this, and that is what we will look at here. First, we will take a quick look of some memorable characters that have graced the paths around the Queen Vic.
Cast of Eastenders
- Danny Dyer plays Mick Carter
- Ian Beale played by Adam Woodyatt, the one everyone loves to dislike
- Dot Cotton played by June Brown who keeps on going
- Kat Slater played by Jessica Wallace still wear too much makeup
- Sharon Watts played by Letitia Dean, the daughter of Den and Angie, the good old days
- Peggy Mitchell played by the old Carry On star Barbara Windsor and mother to Phil Mitchell and Grant Mitchell
This is a small sample of characters and over the years, there has been changes. People have died, moved or simply vanished.
Eastenders episodes though, are as enthralling as ever and there are the family’s fights and struggles that everyone loves to watch.
How to Set Up the BBC iPlayer in Australia
They broadcast Eastenders on BBC1, and as we saw, it is easy for UK residents to access the show.
Viewers can watch on the TV or they can use the BBC iPlayer to watch Eastenders catch up for anything they may have missed.
Now, in Australia, we can access the iPlayer by following some simple steps and making use of a VPN service. Unless we use a virtual private network, you will receive a message telling you the content is not viewable outside the UK.
With a VPN and the following steps, you can easily make the iPlayer think you are in the UK.
BBC Sign Up Instructions
These instructions are straightforward and you can browse the website without needing a VPN, however, it is better to sign up for your VPN first. This can stop any problems while signing up.
- Head to the following page: https://account.bbc.com/signin. This is where you will create your BBC account.
- You will see an option for “Don’t have a BBC account.” Click the “Register Now” button.
- One of the first things to do is give your age. The site asks if you are under 13 or over 13 years of age. Select “over 13.” Then enter your date of birth.
- On the following page, you need to add an email address and create a password
- Underneath this, you have the country selection, select United Kingdom
- Now you can add a UK postcode. If you know someone in the UK, use theirs or look for one on the internet (hotels postcodes are good ones to use).
- Fill in the “Gender” option.
- You are then asked, “Do you want email updates?” select “no,” unless you want emails from the BBC.
- The final step is to click the “Register,” button.
One thing you are asked during the sign up procedure is if you are the holder of a BBC TV license. Be sure to click the “Yes” you do have a license even if you don’t. It will stop you going any further if you say no.
Best VPN for Eastenders
VPN’s enable you to access the best of British TV. A VPN service encrypts all your data, which leaves the end of your connection.
Even your ISP will not see you are streaming from the UK, and this is a good thing.
We know ISP’s slow down a user’s connections while streaming to conserve bandwidth. With your VPN, there will be nothing to trigger their detection service into slowing your connection. With this, no buffering of Eastenders.
Choosing VPN’s that work well for Australia is not easy. Many tell you they offer lighting fast connections, when in fact, they don’t.
To save all the confusion, and hours of Eastenders you will miss. We have cut through all the marketing speak and done all the testing.
There is one recommendation that is proven the best VPN service for Australia, streaming, bypassing geo-restrictions, preserving user privacy and much more besides.
The VPN of choice is super easy to sign up for and can be done quicker than signing up for the iPlayer. With three steps, you will have a connection that is secured with military-grade encryption.
No one will see what you are doing. You will be able to hide your online activity from anyone. This even means all the governments that carry out snooping.
To be sure, this VPN is right for you, you can make full use of the ExpressVPN trial. This is their 30-day money-back guarantee that they offer without question.
Other VPN’s may say they offer the same, but they do all they can to resolve issues before handing any refund over.
Once you have this VPN in place, these are the final steps to gain access to the iPlayer.
As soon as you start your VPN, you are fully protected. You will see a large on and off button in the client app, so, you will know if you are connected or not.
This is the fun part, and very easy.
- In the VPN software, you will see a country drop down list.
- Change to the UK, wait until your VPN switches server, and connects.
- Go to the BBC iPlayer website and log in.
Once you have logged in, you can browse around the site as if you are in the UK. All you need to do is head to the Eastenders episode guide and find the last place you were watching.
It is time to put your feet up and see what’s happening in the Queen Vic.