Any show which runs for 26 years is an achievement, but an animated one that is all about the Simpson family and their tearaway son Bart, this is pretty remarkable.
With all the action involving Homer, Marge, Lisa, and Maggie as well as, there has been plenty of goings on over the years.
Since it was released in 1989, there have been 659 episodes, so there are lots of lovers of the show to watch. However, being able to catch any of the back episodes can be quite a struggle as there are limited places it is available in its entirety.
Back in 2014 FXX bought the rights to the show, and since then, being able to watch the Simpsons online became harder and harder.
Not only this, there are geo-restrictions in place so any Australian Simpsons fans will struggle even more. Luckily, there is a workaround so users can have their fill.
Here are two ways you can watch the Simpsons without needing to use the Simpsons World app that caused some controversy over quality etc.
Before looking at these two methods, it should be noted, you still need a VPN because both of these streaming services are specifically for US audiences. A VPN should be in place first because some streaming services won’t even let you check out the webpage if you are outside the USA
Watching The Simpsons on Hulu
Being the first of a couple of services which have all the Simpsons episodes, Hulu is a fantastic service.
It is compatible with many devices such as Windows and Mac, iOS, Android, Roku, FireTV & FireTV Stick, Chromecast, Xbox and others.
To sign up is very easy, and using these following steps, you can be watching the Simpsons before you know it.
- Start your VPN client and select a US-based server.
- Head to the Hulu website (Read our Hulu Australia Guide Here)
- Click the ‘Start free trial’ button
- Select your plan of choice (plan details below)
- Fill some basic information: add an address, and Zip code. If you don’t want to use a real address, search for one on the internet.
- You are given the option to download the Android app. Download and install it unless you are staying to a desktop or one of the other compatible devices.
Hulu comes with 3 plans in effect. The cheaper one comes supported by ads, this is $5.99 per month. The next is not supported by ads and costs $11.99 per month.
The premium package comes with live TV and costs $44.99 per month. This will let you watch the Simpsons online stream live as it is aired.
As you may have seen, the first thing you do on the Hulu website is click the FREE trial button. This gives you one month before you pay anything.
Watching the Simpsons Using Sling TV
Sling TV is one of the more popular streaming services, and one of a few that have access to all the Simpsons episodes.
This service comes with plenty of features and access to numerous other TV channels aside from the one which contains the Simpsons.
This service used to have a Free trial for one month, but they have since changed this. You now get a 7-day free trial but with a reduced rate for the first three months.
Here are the packages:
- Sling Blue – $15 per month for 3 months – Regular price $25.00
- Sling Orange – $15 per month for 3 months – Regular price $25.00
- Sling Orange and Blue – $25 per month for 3 months – Regular price $40.00
Sign up instructions:
- Head to Sling.com and click ‘Watch Now’ or Watch Now 7 Days Free.
- Enter an email address and create your password
- Select Register
- Here, you can select the Sling Orange, Sling Blue, or both (Sling Orange + Sling Blue) package.
- Channels included with each package will be highlighted
- Check out any available add-ons.
- Enter your billing information. (Credit card information and details will be added at this point).
- Review your subscription details and scroll to the bottom and click FINISH & SUBMIT.
While there is Orange and Blue, the one which gives access to the Simpsons is the Blue package.
Watching the Simpsons With a VPN
You can spend longer searching for a VPN which delivers the optimum service to Australia while you could be watching episodes of the Simpsons.
To save you trouble, we have one recommendation of which is the best VPN to deliver the ultimate viewing experience in Australia while easily bypassing any geo-restrictions.
To get the full details on all the features, you can check out the ExpressVPN review, but this does deliver the very best for Australian users.
You are guaranteed full privacy and security, and it comes with a 30-day money back guarantee, this means you can watch the Simpsons for one month free if you choose the right service.
There is nothing more accessible, and before you know it, you can be watching classics such as Grampy can ya hear me in all its glory.