In this guide, you will quickly learn the steps how to jailbreak FireStick and install streaming apps that offer free movies, TV shows, Sports, Live TV and much more.
The jailbreak methods you will see demonstrated here will work on FireStick, Fire TV Stick and other FireStick devices.
The Amazon FireStick is hugely popular for content streaming. The feature-rich device makes a highly affordable solution that will convert a regular TV that has HDMI compatibility into a Smart TV.
Once done, you can stream from lots of online streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and numerous other TV networks.
It should be noted, a subscription for these services is still required for full access.
Jailbreaking a FireStick is legal because you are not doing anything physical to it, you are only allowing yourself to install third-party streaming apps that give you free access to all your favourite movies, shows, live TV channels, sports and more.
Steps for Jailbreaking a FireStick
Although the full process isn’t simple, it can be completed by anyone when they follow the step by step process.
To start, you need to perform some preparation which helps with the process. All that is required is your FireStick, remote and your internet connection.
- Navigate to ‘Settings’ using your remote. Select ‘My Fire TV Device’
- Head to Developer options. Enable ADB debugging and enable ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’
These two steps make sure you can run third-party apps which you will need for the more extensive section of steps you need to follow
Installing ES File Explorer on your Amazon FireStick
ES file explorer is one of the main applications you need to complete the steps for jailbreaking your Amazon FireStick.
With this, you can quickly be installing Kodi. This app is free, and you can download and install it like any other application.
Head to the Amazon app store and search for the ES explorer app.
Click download to install it on your FireStick /Fire TV
Once installed, click the open button
Kodi FireStick Jailbreak
This is the last steps you need to follow to jailbreak your FireStick successfully. The Kodi app allows you to access more free content. It should be noted, a large amount of this content can be pirated and will be deemed illegal.
The ES app is the easiest method to install Kodi on your FireStick, so here are the steps:
- In ES File Explorer navigate on the left to Tools – Download Manager – +New
- A box shows asking for a path and filename. Type https://www.firesticktricks.com/kapk correctly, and then for the name type Kodi Kryton.
- Once you have added the URL and given it a name click ‘Download Now.’ This starts the download process of the Kodi APK.
- When the APK has been downloaded, click ‘Open File’ and then ‘Install’ in the properties box.
- With your Fire TV Stick remote, navigate down and click the ‘Install’ option.
- Now, your FireStick is jailbroken so all you need to do is click open and you will be taken to the Kodi on FireStick home screen.
That is the steps to jailbreak Fire TV, but you might need to keep reading to see how to use your Jailbroken FireStick.
Jailbreaking Your FireStick Using the Downloader App
If you find the ES Amazon app didn’t work, you can try another downloader which is popular. The steps are similar, but it makes use of the Downloader app.
- Go to the ‘Search’ icon in the top left of your FireStick home screen.
- Type ‘Downloader’ and open it once you see its name pop show in the search results.
- Click “Get” on the Downloader apps page.
- This will install the Downloader app on your FireStick.
- Once installed, click to launch the Downloader app.
- Click the space to enter the URL path.
- Type exactly https://www.firesticktricks.com/kapk and click ‘Go.’
- The Downloader app will now download the Kodi APK.
- Click “Install” and click “Install” again on the following screen.
- Wait for a while, and the Kodi app will be installed on your FireStick.
Using a Jailbroken FireStick
At this point, everything you do on your newly Jailbroken FireStick is visible to your ISP and any governing body that is involved with Kodi clampdowns.
To protect your identity while using Kodi, add a VPN to your device and you will be entirely secure and can stream content without anyone being any wiser.
Using the most recommended VPN is advisable because this gives full security, and protection while delivering the fastest download speeds which stops any streaming buffering.
ExpressVPN is the most recommended VPN for FireStick and can quickly be installed on all your devices.
Even if you are streaming content that is legal, you might without knowing stream something that is protected by copyright. To be safe, here are the steps to install the best VPN on any FireStick devices.
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN – With a 30-day money back guarantee, you can try it for a month and cancel with no questions asked.
- Power on your Smart TV and go to search on the left-hand side of the screen. Type ExpressVPN and then select the icon when it shows in the search results.
- Click Download and install the app as prompted.
- Once installed, open the app and enter your login details and then click sign in.
- Click on the power icon. This will connect you to a VPN server, and from this point, you will be secure and out of sight any prying eyes.
Now you are secured, you are safe to use your Amazon Fire TV stick. Like any installation of Kodi, it won’t be able to do anything by itself as it is only a media player.
Because of this, you need to make use of the many Kodi add-ons that are available to deliver this content.
Best Kodi Add-ons for Kodi FireStick
With your FireStick jailbroken and your VPN in place, you now need to see the best streaming apps which are available to use. Here are a few who can deliver all you need to get you going.
This was introduced after the shutdown of Terrarium TV, and since then many users were searching for a great movie and show an alternative. You might see the name HDMovies which is another name for the Cinema APK.
This app offers all your favourite movies and TV episodes. It comes with a clean and minimal interface which makes it easy to use.
This is another clone and works just like its predecessor Terrarium. It might not offer a large number of HD links, but it is still a worthy replacement. This add-on is continuously updated and has TV episodes which are aired recently.
The Magic Dragon Kodi Add-on
As the Kodi interface is the same on every device, this will be the same on your FireStick Kodi as it is on the PC variant.
This add-on looks to be the successor to the dogs bollocks add-on and brings masses of TV shows, documentaries and movies plus so much more.
It delivers huge numbers of categories users can choose from such as People watching, New Movie releases, Real Debrid movies, 4K movies, Catch up TV, Kids, Kodi channels, sport, music and many more.
To locate this add-on, you can check either the MaverickTV repo or the Supremacy Repo.
Exodus Redux Kodi Add-on
This add-on is entirely new and gives access to lots of shows and movies. In appearance, it is similar to the regular Exodus add-on.
The older edition has been abandoned, so the Redux version is the one which is being updated.
Exodus Redux is backed by a massive team of developers to maintain its updates and the library of high-quality content.
Kodi FireStick Builds
To save time, some users are turning to Kodi builds instead of installing add-ons one by one. Two of the current favourites are:
No Limits Magic Build on Kodi
This might be the most comprehensive Kodi build out there. It is praised for what it delivers, and all of this is wrapped up in the Aeon Nox 5: Silvo Skin.
With a futuristic appearance, it is updated on a regular basis and comes with very few problems. It comes with some of the very best add-ons, so there is no need to search for this one by one.
- BOB Unleashed
- Stream Army
- also, UK Turk Playlist among many others.
Titanium Build on Kodi
This is the most widely used Kodi build at the moment. Titanium transforms the Kodi interface into something functional, easy to use and visually appealing.
It also comes with many added functions and a wealth of the best add-ons any Kodi user might want to install.
With all of the above information, you can turn your Amazon FireStick device into the best media hub it can be.
A jailbroken device can give hours of pleasure with no end of viewing content from around the world.