The Ares build was one of the best-known names in the world of Kodi. It was however said as being shut down. Luckily for Kodi users, there is an Ares Wizard new URL, so it is back up and running.
The Ares Project contains the Ares Wizard repo, and with this comes more than enough media content, and the dubious third-party add-ons which attract all the attention and are what governing bodies struggle to shut down.
Here we will look at how to install the new Ares Wizard on Kodi 17.6 or lower, and then on Kodi 17 or the latest version of Kodi.
What is Ares Wizard?
The new Ares Wizard builds on the version which was shut down. However, now you can see there is no option for browsing or adding builds. This makes Ares Wizard purely a maintenance and optimization tool for Kodi.
This might sound like it isn’t worth the installation, but with the many tools it offers to make maintenance tasks a one-click affair, it is well worth any Kodi box user has in their arsenal of tools.
It can also give a plethora of system information like the Kodi version, storage used, and screen resolution. All of this will vary depending on the device you are using.
Kodi Krypton Version 17.6 or Lower
- Start Kodi and Click the Gear Icon. Select File Manager and double-click ‘Add Source.’
- Click ‘None’ and type this URL exactly: http://ares-repo.eu/
- Click Ok and then name the URL ‘AresBuild’ and Click OK
- Navigate to the Kodi Home Screen and select Add-ons. Click the box icon and Select Install from Zip
- Click AresBuild and wait for the pop-up notification box.
- Return to Home Screen and click on the add-ons tab
- Click Program add-ons and select Ares Wizard
Kodi Krypton Version 17 or Higher
- Start Kodi and click the settings icon, Select File Manager and double-click ‘Add Source.’
- Click ‘None’ and type this URL exactly http://areswizard.uk/ and click OK
- Now name the media source ‘Ares’ and Click OK twice.
- Navigate back to Kodi Main Menu, Click Add-ons and select the Package Installer icon.
- Click on Install from Zip File Option > Then click on Ares > repository.aresproject > repository.aresproject-0.0.8
- Wait for it to install and the pop-up notification box shows
- Click Install from Repository. Find and click on Ares Project then Go to Program Add-ons > Ares Wizard >
- Install > It takes few minutes to install, so wait for verification notifications.
- Navigate back to the Kodi Main Menu and click Add-ons > Program Add-ons > Then click on Ares Wizard.
- It automatically installs and loads the Wizard which can take a few minutes depending on your system.
- Once finished, you will be re-directed to its Wizard where you can choose add-ons and Builds, or any other options it offers.
The New Ares Wizard Features
The latest Ares Project Kodi version comes with some new features which will help every Kodi user. Here are some of the newly added features to the wizard.
Backup – Now users can create backups of Trakt and Real Debrid accounts via the backup feature. This helps retain user data if they re-install the add-on or update the Kodi build.
Settings – The settings menu is more comprehensive and allows users to filter content as well as check for best Kodi add-ons or builds, and also to make changes in the device configurations.
Tweaks – The new tweaks feature allows users to clear their cache instantly and patch provider URLs. This URL patching and cache clearing can help improve the streaming quality and speed of Kodi.
Maintenance – There are many other new maintenance tools added to the maintenance menu to help you stream with this wizard seamlessly.
Now there is no need to worry about the quality and storage issues. Options like clearing thumbnails, cache clearing and managing accounts have also been added to this section. A pop-up notification regarding the configuration of the build has been included too.
Ares Wizard Not Working
On occasion you could be faced with black screens where there has been a problem with the download Ares Wizard builds being correctly installed.
This can be because the version of Kodi you are using is too old for this newer version of Ares Wizard. Ares Wizard error is nothing to be alarmed about and is easily remedied.
There is a simple solution to this, and all you need to do is find the latest version of Kodi, and the Ares Wizard, not working issues should vanish.
If this doesn’t solve the problem, you can look for another working repo that contains the latest version of Kodi.
Ares Wizard can also be used to fix other problems. With this menu option, you can Fresh Start or erase all data.
Although it doesn’t offer any builds, it can quickly delete builds that are causing problems, or you find you are no longer using.
If you use this option, you can keep all of the favourites you have added along with any sources added through the file manager.
To do this, you select the options you want to clear and then click on proceed, from here Ares Wizard takes care of everything.
If for any reason you are unable to close Kodi in the regular fashion, the wizard has an option where you can force close Kodi with one click.
Ares Wizard is a great tool to use and can simplify many tasks. However, although it doesn’t offer builds, add-ons or repos, it is still advisable to make use of a VPN while using Kodi.
Add-ons will be used from other locations, and the last thing any New Zealand users wants is a copyright infringement notice pushed through their letterbox. Ares Wizard is good, but that is one thing it can’t prevent.